Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Tennis Anyone

I have become an avid tennis fan; not just playing (which I am not very good at) but watching (I do that VERY well). This morning when watching the women's quarter finals (when I should have been on the way to work) I realized that tennis is very much like life, especially the Christian life. Sometimes you hit winners, sometimes you just keep it between the lines, sometimes mis-hits become winners and sometimes you just totally muff it. I especially was struck with how you can totally mis-hit the ball and it becomes a winner. So many times in my life I have messed us royally, but the result of the "mis-hit" became something so good in my life. It don't always work out like that, but Praise God sometimes it does. My other thought is that one day the opponent that defeats you, is easy to overcome on another day. God gives us the strength to overcome all that oppose us. Sure we will have days when we can't win a particular match, but the victory is ours in Him.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?