Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Two are better than one

Do two walk together unless they agree to do so? Amos 3:3

I have trouble sticking to things. I need an accountability partner. I have one. A very good friend named Terri. She encouraged me to start this “blog” thing; though I have yet to see hers…. She meets me at the gym three times a week at 5:30 a.m. or I would sleep later. She keeps me encouraged when I try another project at church that bombs or is misunderstood. We try together to keep our Women’s Ministry going. This brings to mind Eccl 4:9 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work.
I am truly thankful to have such a friend.

This is all a little strange coming from me. See I have trust issues. I didn’t even put my full name on this blog. I rarely trust people. I am guilty of having several friends who know just a little about me but none who truly know me. I think a lack of trust is common but I have always felt like I had a huge dose of it, because I have so few really close friends. I don’t know why we are not trustworthy. Oh yes, I have been guilty myself. I KNOW something; I just can’t wait to tell someone. WHY? I guess it just makes us feel important to KNOW something, especially to know it first. I pray that God will help me to love people as He does. To think how they would feel standing next to me while I was telling something about them. It is so easy to talk without considering the feelings of the topic of your conversation. I pray God will bring this person and their feelings to mind when I start to say something I shouldn’t

Comments:
I'm proud to be your friend! Hey, I thought it was YOU making ME go to the gym!

Terri

P.S. I'll start the blog! One day....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?