Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Busy days and busy nights

Yesterday was one of those busy, busy, busy days.  I had loans closing that were not quite “clear to close”.  Loans that were falling apart, a new lender I was trying to interface the credit reports with and a processor who was on vacation.  That was just work, then I had a tennis lesson at 4:30 in Decatur (30 minutes away) and a church activity at 6:30 back in Cullman (25 minutes from Decatur, don’t ask).  Well when I left yesterday the loan that was closing seemed to be going off without a hitch (please don’t tell me this morning that did not occur!!) I had no solutions to the loans that were falling apart, and still no love from the new lender vs. credit bureau. BUT the good news, the guys who have lessons after me didn’t show up, I got 30 extra minutes for FREE!!!  I got back to my office LATE to change clothes and go bowling, but had no socks; I am not going to wear rented shoes with no socks!  I headed over to the Bowling Alley to find only Terri there.  Evidently summer is just too busy a time to try and plan Ladies Night Out.  Nobody else showed up!  (Well we found out later Sharon came shortly after 7:00, we must have just missed her).  This is still under the heading of good news for me, because I couldn’t bowl anyway without any socks and Terri and I went and had a lovely chicken finger salad at the Allsteak.  Good food, good friend, no rented shoes…. What more can a girl ask for???
 
I can’t help but think as I write this about Mike Cope’s post about choosing happiness.  We could have wailed and whined because nobody showed up, we could have pitched a fit and refused to plan any more activities…. But we chose to have a good time anyway.  We chose to be happy and enjoy the evening.  I have often times not made this choice.  I have made myself miserable worrying and griping about things over which I have no control.  I hope that by writing this down I can remind myself that I do have a choice, and to choose the better things.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?