Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Children and Such

My son and his wife have been staying with us this week. She is 8 ½ months pregnant and they are refinishing their floors, so she can’t be in the house. I have truly enjoyed having them there. My son has not lived at home in several years and I miss the verbal sparring we do. He has so much of my sense of humor and unfortunately also my sarcasm. Sometimes we are ruthless to my husband. He is quite the perfectionist and neither I nor my son believe in strict adherence to the finer details in life (O.K. I am slob who flies by the seat of my pants on all occasions.) He takes it all in good humor though. He truly is a good sport.

I can’t believe I am about to me a grandparent. I am still deciding what I should be called; since I am much too young to have “grand” in my name that will limit my choices. I dreamt that he called me Mi-Mi. Of course in this dream he could talk at birth. My mother often told me I was talking at birth and have never stopped!! Maybe I should not put too much stock in a dream where a new born talks, but I do kind of like it. Does it sound goofy to you? It really doesn’t matter what he calls me, just so he calls me often. My children made good choices in their mates. I couldn’t have done better myself. My daughter in law is so good for my son. I think she is quite attached to us as well. I try to make it easy for her. I never want to be that mother-in-law that no one wants around. She is giving me the gift of my first grandchild. How could she be more special?

My son-in-law is also a great guy. He truly loves my daughter and he is a hard worker who wants to provide for her. What more could a mother ask for her children. I have been blessed by them in so many ways. I hope and strive for them to be able to say the same about me.

Comments:
Hey Mimi!

Could you have ever pictured your grandmother playing tennis or any of the other activities that you are involved in? Matt will love you like no other and be so proud of his cool Mimi!

TL
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?