Monday, July 19, 2004

Five Star Day!

Yesterday was one of those rare five star***** days.  My friend Terri and I went to worship with the Crossbridge church in Birmingham.  First of all, an hour in the car with her is a treat in and of itself.  We have a wonderful time just talking.  But the worship service was awesome.  This is truly a group of people who love God and effectively express that love and praise to Him during their time together.  What a blessing to have been there.  I will be going back.  I of course missed being with my church family, and I continue to pray that we can work through a lot of tradition and resistance to change where our worship time will provide the same feeling of being truly in the presence of God.
 
After another 40 minutes on the road with Terri (she readily admits the rules of the road do NOT apply to her), I had to change clothes and head to Huntsville for a tennis match.  This time it was just me and my ZOE CD. but I had a great time singing along.  After losing several tight matches this summer I finally WON!!  I know it’s not all about winning, but it sure feels better than losing.  Our team won the overall match as well!  I am still having a great day.  I drove the hour back home with Isaiah.  Well he wasn’t there personally but someone was reading to me on CD. 
 I spent the rest of the evening sitting on my deck and watching the lake and then I watched a movie with my husband.  Master and Commander Far Side of the World, quite the epic adventure, but good.  Not great pursuits on this day, nothing earth shattering, and yet I ended the day feeling full and content.  God has blessed my life in so many ways.  I pray my life will be a blessing to Him

Comments:
I love reading your posts. They are always chock full of fun, excitement and love for God and His people. It makes me smile and strive to be a better Christian ~ thank you for that! :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?