Tuesday, July 06, 2004

The Fourth in review

What a great time we had Sunday night. There was a quick shower around 6:00 but nothing like the storm we thought we had coming our way. Actually the rain just cooled everything off to where the weather was perfect for the fireworks display. I think they were the best yet this year. We had a wonderful and assorted group of friends and family in attendance. There was a wonderful assortment of food, and lots of good fellowship. I am truly thankful for all of my friends and need to add one more resolution to my mid year list…to entertain more.

I agree with many who say we must keep our allegiance to our country in its proper perspective since we are citizens of a far greater place, but I for one am proud to be an American and know that my life is blessed by the privileges afforded me here. I think we would be remiss to fail to celebrate with our country and continue to ask that “God bless America”, just like he does us warts and all.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?