Thursday, July 01, 2004

Happy Mid Year!

I cannot believe that this year is half over! I was trying to think of my New Year’s resolutions to see how I have done. I remember not making any this year but planning to do better at being healthy and more importantly more spiritual. We as a church are doing a program called “Hooked on the Word” where we commit to read the Bible thru this year. I am right on track with that. I am using a chronological Bible this time and it gives it a new flair. I think I am much healthier this year. I play tennis on average three times a week and work out at the gym three times a week. I have recently tried to stick to a low carb diet. (I know, I KNOW everyone is doing it). I am losing a lot slower than I want to but hey, I am losing.

On the spiritual front, I have been carrying some extra baggage in that area. I am doing well at cutting the cord on that. Sometimes the very thing that weighs you down the most is the thing that you think keeps you going. Knowing when to say “when” is more than just a good beer motto. Resolve is not something you do once a year and hope it works out for you, but a daily decision that must be made over and over. Eventually everything becomes easier, when we practice it daily. At least I keep telling myself that. God has been so good to me. He bears with me thru my “wanderings” and keeps me safe. I thank Him everyday for the Grace that covers me.

I wonder if we should make mid-year resolutions. I will think about what mine should be. What about you?

Comments:
You know I hate to think so far ahead but...

Mid-year resolutions:

* Start a blog
* Weigh 130 or less by Sept. 15
(are we still going to the beach in Sept?)
* Do the Richard Petty Driving Experience by Dec.31

Terri
 
We ARE going to the beach in September.

I will blog later on all my resoloutions. Got to give some serious thought to the whole weight thing.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?