Monday, July 12, 2004

Keys

We have these neat little hooks in the gym where I work out where everyone hangs their keys. In another place they would be coat hooks, but here you come in with your towel, your water, and your keys; everything else you leave in the car. As I left the gym on Friday, I grabbed my keys and proceeded to my car. The battery has been getting weak on my opener for a while, but I have not taken the time to change it (that is a husband job; isn’t it?). Well I clicked and clicked and nothing was happening. I got right beside the door and clicked and this is when I decided the battery must be totally dead and I would just have to open it the old fashion way, with the key. Well as I grabbed the key something didn’t look right, it was not even the right brand of key (G.M. of course). Oops, I had grabbed the wrong keys, possibly I had been blinking someone else’s lights for the last few minutes, and may have even left their car unlocked; but no real damage. I dashed back into the gym will a muttered comment about using the right keys and corrected my mistake. I felt pretty stupid until I got to the office and found out that Josh had made the same error at his gym. Whew, I hate to be the only one.

How many blessings in our lives have we tried to obtain while using the wrong key? We just can’t understand why things want happen for us and maybe all we really need to change is the key we are trying to open up with. I spent several minutes trying to use the wrong keys to get in my car, and no matter how long I tried it never would have worked. Many people try for years to get “into” the Spirit without using the key of study, meditation, and prayer. No matter how good other things are they will never work getting us into the Spirit. Sometimes maybe we just need to look down and check our keys. We could save ourselves a lot of trouble and we could get “in” to take the ride of our lives.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?