Friday, August 06, 2004

Better Today than Yesterday

Most every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, I get to the office at around 6:30, after working out (we have a shower here). Before I get in the shower I spend around 30 minutes reading blogs and devotionals. While I read a lot of good stuff and some not so good; occasionaly something will speak directly to me. This morning it was in Joe Cooks’s blog he wrote:

I'm tired of trying to be like Jesus. I can't do it. From now on, I'm just going to relax and let Him live through me. I think that's what God had in mind in the first place.

I had one of those days yesterday where Satan was pushing all my buttons, and I am sorry to say he was succeeding at distracting me. If I wasn’t so busy trying to control everything and was letting Jesus live through me I don’t think Satan’s ploys would work. You know, I didn’t fall off the deep end or anything, I just wasn’t the person that I want to be. There are so many things in this life that are not bad in and of themselves, yet they are not things that make us better people. Today my focus will be Christ living through me. I will try and let my light shine and not get distracted.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?