Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Blogger Goblins

I have been trying to log on since last night, to no avail. I e-mailed support with my problem and now I am on.... Less than 2 minutes later. Wow! I thought I was going to be smart (well I was smart I just messed up somewhere). I was setting up a new blog just to store my pictures in. Then I could link to my cutie where you could look at him if you wanted to without HAVING too everytime you check my blog. I realize that in YOUR mind there are other babies just as if not more beautiful and I respect your rights to your misguided opinions. Anyway, somehow my tinkering had locked me out at least temporarily, and I still can't get on that photo blog.

This seems to be a re-occuring event in my life. I think I can beat the system, come up with a better way only to find I don't have the complete knowledge to do so. I remember once when I had just started using a computer about 16 or more years ago, I was going to fix a problem by myself and I reformatted my hard drive! That was fun to recover from. I am much better about back ups today, but not perfect. I think we have to be careful with this attitude (we of course means ME) in our spiritual lives. We can't decide we have a better way period, but we need to be sure we KNOW what God's way is to start with. In the C of C we have been so sure that we were right for so long (I mean isn't that what YOU were told growing up?) that we have not studied with the attitude of hearing what God wants us to do. I am so refreshed by our brotherhood finally doing this as a group. I have often thought I was a rebel without a cause because I believed differently. God's grace is so HUGE. We try to limit Him and He cannot be limited. He is the Alpha, Omega, beginning and end. (I am singing the song in my head).

Lord, help me to study and know what you would have me to be and what you would have me do. Guard me from the haughtiness of thinking I know a better way. Forgive me when I am not as humble as I should be. Teach me Your ways more perfectly.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?