Monday, August 30, 2004

Donna the Terrible??

I have one of those jobs that you can never really leave. While at the beach I got several calls about some closings that were going on in my abscence. There was one that I had scheduled to close on Thursday and the guy decided he wouldn't buy the house after all. Well my boss wasn't happy and he made sure that I wasn't happy either. I had to call the customer while at the beach and tell him that he was still responsible to pay for the appraisal. Now this whole issue wouldn't be such a big deal but I have been working on this since the first of May and it was ready to close by then end of May. It was his working out issues on his part that was the delay. My point being I had jumped through several hoops to get this loan ready to close and the last time I talked to him, all was well.

Well I called the guy from my beach chair, and I let him have it. I talked to him the way I have wanted to talk to a lot of customers before, but have never had the nerve. I don't know what got into me, if it was the fact that he was interrupting my vacation, or that I felt safe being 300 miles away, but whatever it was, I let him have it.... and it felt good!! That part bothers me. It felt so good to just say what was really on my mind. I usually worry so much what people will think about me that I never get real blunt. I hope that this is not so new turning point in my life and I am going to start being harder on people. I really don't think that will be the case, but it does bother me that I enjoyed it so much. I will have to keep a close eye on myself in the coming weeks.



Comments:
I too have a "good side" and a "terrible side" -

My good side is on display 99.9% of the time and is PROBABLY my real self. I love other people, am understanding when people are rude, insensitive or don't agree with me. I generally accept people for who they are and do my best to love them, unconditionally.

My bad side only comes out when:

A. I feel that I have been wronged somehow (injustice really irks me).

B. I have to "suffer fools" (I don't do it lightly).

C. My kids don't eat their meals or hurt one another.

When my bad side comes out, I can be a real jerk (that's the G-rated version).

My point - you're not alone, Donna. I'm praying for you right now:

May God give you a spirit of peace in stressful times and may He remind you at all times and in all circumstances that we are ALL His children. May He fill you to overflowing with His love so that you may love as He does and, by doing so, glorify Him and shine as a light in this dark and dreadful world.
 
TOWANDA! Sorry I was having a Fried Green Tomatoes Moment.

Watch but remember even Jesus turned tables over in the temple. Sometimes I think people need to know how we feel, even if it is not nice. This could be my "not nice side" speaking though!:)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?