Monday, August 16, 2004

First Trip to Church

Yesterday was Matthew's first trip to church. It was so wonderful to have them there. I just have to be careful about paying too much attention to the baby, because my baby girl sometimes is a little jealous. After all she has been my baby for almost 21 years now! She really is great around the baby and is crazy about him as we all are, but she truly does like to have my attention. I don't know if I have some failing in the demonstrating love department or what, because I love her so much it hurts. She has been the joy in my life for the last 21 years. She laughs (giggles) and lights up a whole room. She has always done this. She was a little more accident prone than her brother, and having an older brother had a lot to do with this. They were climbing up on the rail of the deck to get snow and she fell off and hit her face, knocked out her front teeth (age 6). They were spying on the neighbors over the barbed wire fence, she fell off and ripped her legs open on the barbed wire (age 5). They were driving to school he flipped the jeep her hand got caught under the row bar with the jeep upside down. She had many surgeries and still has only limited use of her hand. The back was reconstructed and looks like it has been burned. He escaped unharmed. (Age 13). I guess maybe she has a right to think that he always got off a little easier. But truly, while children are never the same you love them with all you have. It is just demonstrated different with each child.

I wonder if we think about God this way sometimes. Do I think, "how could He love me?, I am not good, I am especially not as good as His other children". I do. I know that I let Him down so often, I wonder why He hasn't given up on me. But I think being a parent helps me with this concept. My children are normal. They have made their share of mistakes, they have dissappointed me, they have let me down. But I truly don't remember it unless I make myself. I love them, I will always be here for them all I ask is for them to let me help them. Hmmmmm, How much more does God want us to let Him help us????

By the way if you want to see the family after church click here.
Or to see him smile click here.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?