Tuesday, August 10, 2004

My Place

Sometimes, when the weight of the world crashes is on me I need somewhere where I can go to think, to clear my head. I just have to talk to Donna and see what is going on with her. I sometimes get in a funk and can't figure out why. I can't think in my car, I might wreck; I can't think in my house, my husband will want to talk or have the T.V. on; but I do have my refuge. I am fortunate to live on a lake and own a Sea-Doo. When I am troubled I can jump on and ride to a part of the lake that is quiet and serene and just think. I can pray and meditate and usually figure out what is at the bottom of the turmoil inside me.

So I was wondering, do you have such a place? Where do you go to talk to YOU?

Comments:
Donna, we must be in sync today (read my post and you'll see)! I live in a quiet, secluded area of town surrounded by woods. My house backs up to a ravine of woods and my deck hangs out over the woods so that when you are sitting on it you're almost in the tree tops. That's my place to think. When I'm at work, I walk along our river front area downtown... it's very peaceful and the flow of the river remnids of the eternal nature of God. sd
 
I don't have a special place, but I do allow God to surprise me with special circumstances where I do find myself alone with Him. I had the opportunity to be alone for 3 whole days the week before last. No husband, kids, friends, phone calls, etc. When I got back to my "real life", the beauty of that experience followed me back, too.
 
My backyard at night when everyone else is asleep and it's just me and the cricketts. All my special places are outside and most I only visit at night. What does that say about me?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?