Tuesday, August 03, 2004

One Week Old

Can you believe he is already a week old! Mary got to go home today, less 10 lbs of fluid she lost while in the hospital. She is still running a little high on the blood pressure, but her lungs are clear! Thank you Lord!

I just can't imagine anything sweeter than this little bundle of joy. He went to the Dr today and is doing great. His Dr said he was perfect, I could have told her THAT!!

Hit some tennis balls last night with two other Grandmothers! Wow, can't believe I am saying that and am PROUD!! We had a great time and some good conversation afterwards.

One of the ladies has been divorced for the last 5 years or so. She was married 32 years and has two grown children. She is so lonely and wants so much to have someone in her life. It's hard to sympathize with others sometimes but I do understand where she is coming from. I know others who have made the adjustment fine and actually enjoy the independence of living alone. I hope and pray I never face that situation, but if I did I think I would be content to be independent as well. What about you? Could you make it on your own?

Comments:
One of my friends and I were talking about that this weekend. She's a single, independent, successful nurse who wants what I have ~ an adorable husband who can read my mind and still loves me for it and a friend that is also my life partner! I wouldn't know what or how to live if I didn't have him; including paying the bills and grocery shopping. Oh, I know that I'd learn them out of necessity, but I'd have to move far away from where I am know and just start all over. I can't even think about it w/out getting upset!
 
After spending a little time on that unplanned, "independent" side of the fence, I've discovered that no matter where you find yourself in life, God is ultimately what makes the difference. He helped me through that painful time by allowing me the most wonderful moments I will ever share with my family and friends...precious memories that I will forever treasure. When the hardships increased, he provided for me by placing friends in my life who offered to me their wise counsel and caring hearts. Then, he blessed me with a new husband, who totally trusts God, puts Him first in our lives and loves me with all his heart. Take care friends--arons_mema. "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you" 1 Peter 5:7
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?