Thursday, August 05, 2004

Rejections

Being rejected is never a good feeling. Have you ever felt it? Perhaps you were the member of the team who showed up ready to play, only to find the roster had been completed without you. Maybe you were excited to do something special with your spouse only to find they didn’t feel like it. One of your friends said they would call you early in the day (of course you are assuming a lunch date) and they never call, or call at 4:00 when you are busy trying to get ready to go home. Minor disappointments, not life altering events, but when they all happen in the same day it starts weighing on you.

People who know me, know that I do not lack self confidence. I don’t dwell on negative things or go around with a “woe is me” attitude. But when I had this particularly “rejected” kind of day, it made me think. How do people who have already been beat down in so many ways handle multiple rejections? I know that many of you have felt the rejection of not getting the job you wanted, having your spouse leave you, getting turned down for a home loan or school application. There are many rejections that we face on this earth everyday. Fortunately for us, this earth is not our home.

I think as I went to bed feeling a little sorry for myself God planted this idea in my head. I am so blessed in my life, and truly it wouldn’t matter if all men rejected me, because my Jesus loved me so much He suffered the ultimate rejection for me.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?