Sunday, August 22, 2004

Saturdays

There is a reason we look forward to the weekend. It is called a day of doing what you want to do! A day of having fun. Yesterday was such a day for me. It started with three hours of playing tennis. Except for one embarrassing fall that was a blast. Fortunately I landed on my left hip with the fall and this area is well padded to absorb the shock of the asphalt, concrete, whatever.

After tennis and a shower we took my daughter and son-in-law to eat at the steak house in Moulton Alabama. We had lively conversation, good food and a great time. When we got home I jumped back into my book and polished it off before I went to bed, today I will begin Book #6 in the Stephanie Plum- Bounty Hunter series.

Around 7:00 p.m. I told my husband we needed to go to Wal-Mart and go see the baby. He wondered why we needed to go to Wal-Mart first and I told him we needed to buy the baby a toy!! We called, they were glad for us to come and just wanted us to bring them some Chick-Fil-A. Matthew was so cute, but I don't think he really appreciated the rattle with bells and other noises quite yet... it won't be long.

I came home and did a final run through of my lesson for today on Worrying. Generally I feel like this is one topic I qualify to teach more than others. I am not a big worrier. But after my awful Thursday experiencing every emotion known to man (well almost) I realized worry was in there somewhere. So, I will apply this lesson to myself and hope that I can relay some thoughts that will help others deal with this miserable killer of joy.

Now I must be off to prepare to meet my Church family and worship God. I KNOW today will be great, because HE will be in our presence. Hope you all are with Him too!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?