Sunday, September 19, 2004

Beauty and the Beast

Have you ever noticed the clearness of the sky after a storm? Today the beauty of God surrounded me. I sat on my deck in the shade. The sky was that bright blue you seem to only see in the fall. The sun was bright without being blistering hot. There was a gentle breeze blowing to add to the pleasantness of being outside. I had wanted to watch the race (Jr. finished 3rd) I wanted to watch some football, I wasn’t real enthused over the Ryder Cup but my husband was following it. But I couldn’t stay in the house. I sat outside and read and napped and just enjoyed the beauty surrounding me. At one point a low flying plane came over, I looked to my right to see the plane and could see the suns glorious rays shining through the tree limbs. I was trying to memorize this beauty and looked up and could also see the sliver of the moon. WOW!! So much beauty it is hard to take it all in.

Then I felt a bite. There was some kind of biting gnats or fleas or something crawling on my arms and on the pages of my book. It must not have been fleas because I could easily catch and squash them. I couldn’t help but think that the bugs were like Satan’s devices; just small irritants that keep us from fully enjoying peace in God. How many times have we gone in the house because the “bugs were biting”? If I had prepared better by having my bug spray with me this would not be happening. Well, I refused to let the bugs drive me off. I did have to come in to get ready for church, but I enjoyed the beauty as long as I could.

Let’s try this week to not let Satan win by distracting us with small irritations. We all have them everyday of our lives, but the beauty and grace of our Father are so much greater, surely we can think on “these things”.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?