Friday, September 24, 2004

Friday, Friday, Friday

Boy I’m glad it’s Friday. I looked back and this is the first week this month I have had to work all 5 days, no wonder it has been so long. I don’t know what I am doing this weekend for sure but it is going to BE OUTSIDE!!

My Tahoe came equipped with an XM Satellite radio. I was so excited at first because I absolutely hate endless talking on the radio (unless of course it is talk radio, then its O.K. if they are talking about something that interests me). Then I thought Oh NO! This is going to be just like Dish Network TV, I have all these choices and nothing that I like. Well it was like that for the first week or so, I am not a big country fan, I can’t handle Rap at all and the teenage girl music leaves me shrugging, but I persevered and found “my” station. For you XM listeners is it channel 46 “Top Tracks”. They play music I love and that has not been overplayed on the radio. Deep cuts from Boston, Kansas, Elton John, Springsteen and others, not just 70’s stuff, but good rock from all decades. When they do play a song I don’t care for or if I am in a funky mood I switch to “Bluesville”. I like the Blue’s. Then if I get tired of that there are 3 Jazz Stations. Mood music for sure, but when I am in the mood, I like some good Jazz. They occasionally do “unplugged” live in the studio and that is great.

So in the grand scheme of things I guess the key to too many choices is to realize if you just dabble in a little of everything you will never find what you “love”. To find “love” you must make a commitment of time and exposure. Didn’t mean this to get deep, just realized this truth as I was typing. Have a wonderful weekend, with good weather, good music, good football and of course good food!!

Roll Tide!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?