Friday, September 10, 2004

Got the Fever

I have got the fever….car fever! Well maybe it is SUV fever, but nonetheless, I feel my bank account shrinking…. I try and tell myself, I don’t need a new vehicle and it’s true, I do not NEED one. I don’t NEED this Diet Coke I am drinking, but I WANTED it. Once I get to this point I am pretty useless till the deed is done.

Is anyone driving a car/truck/suv that you just love? I haven’t “loved” a car since my 1996 Buick Riviera. I am not sure if it was the turbo charged V-6 or the classic luxury of the car, but I did love it. I am leaning towards a smaller SUV, perhaps the smaller Lexus RX series. I need, I want your input. What do you drive? Do you love it?


P.S. (September 14, 2004) The deed is done..... check it out here

Comments:
Well, since you asked. I just so happen to have a beautiful 4 door truck for sale. Not exactly a new Lexus SUV, but still a bargain! What do you say? Give me a call and I'll make you the deal of the century, all you have to do is test drive this puppy and you'll be in like Flint!
TL, loved the American Pie reference! :)
 
I have four kids and all six of us fit just fine into a minivan. SUV's are nice, but Dave Ramsey would say no, at least in my case. Hopefully you're on a better footing than we are! But just to be on the safe side -- check out daveramsey.com to learn all about "Financial Peace" if you haven't heard of it already. Good stuff. And happy car-hunting!
 
I have a Lexus RX300 and I love it! It is perfect for me right now, but we only have one little one... It might get pretty small with more than two kids.

We bought a used one, 1999 model, and it has been wonderful. The ride is so quiet and smooth. We had a Jeep Grand Cherokee before and loved it, but now there is no going back!

We would never pay the money for a new one-- over $40,000!!!

By the way-- I think you have posted to my blog before! Thanks so much for the encouragement!

AW
 
O.K. I didn't buy the Lexus. But I did buy a 2004 Tahoe. Maybe not the most frugal thing, but they had over $5,500 in rebates, plus the clearance prices, I couldn't resist.

I appreciate everyone's input, and while I probably should have listened to Clarissa and Ed a little more at the moment I LOVE it! Everything else in my life is "paid for" except my house, So I think I will just enjoy it for awhile. Come see me, I will take you for a ride!!
 
Donna,
My wife and I own an 02' Yukon that we love. My wife is so happy with it. I am beginning to think with such a large vehicle she is trying to compensate for something, yes definitely! Enjoy, and God bless!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?