Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Matthew's First Blog

Matthew is speaking: (he is so very smart but he can’t type yet…)
I finally got to spend the afternoon at my Mimi’s house. It was so cool. I don’t want you to think bad of her, but she is a little crazy. Fortunately for me, crazy is good. She told me all about playing tennis, there was this one guy Andre Agassi, she said I looked like him because he didn’t have any hair, mine is still in the defining stages. From what she said his is more in the dying stages. Mimi said he once had what was called a “mullet”. Now I’m not sure what that is, but Mimi doesn’t think I will need one of those. We talked (o.k. she talked and I listened) about how to hit a forehand and a backhand, how to get the ball to spin and just how important it was to be in good shape. I’m a little worried that she is going to buy me a tennis racquet for Christmas, but I will try and humor her, it seems she really likes this tennis stuff.

Then she told me about all the books in her library, especially the ones she had bought just for me. She might like books as much as she likes tennis. I don’t know how anyone can read that much. Mimi took me out to see the water in the lake and the frog in the fish pond. There are lots of things to look at out at her house. They were even having a concert at the park, Mimi said it was just for me.

When I got a little tired Mimi danced this hokey little dance that was something like marching with attitude. She sang a lot and I finally just went to sleep where I wouldn’t have to hear her anymore. I don’t know if she talks all the time or just when I am around, but I think I kind of like it. At least I know I have her full attention. I love my Mimi and I know that she loves me too.

Matthew
6 Weeks Old.


Comments:
How sweet! These are precious days. It is great that you bloged about it so when Matthew is older, he will be able to read all about the neat things you did with him. I wish we could all remember our baby days. It is the only time in life when everything is just fun and love! I still get warm inside when I see old pictures and movies of my parents with me as a baby. Hard to believe that they were ever that silly over me!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?