Thursday, September 23, 2004

Monday Morning Quarterbacks

Have you ever noticed how many people want to be Monday morning quarterbacks, or coaches, or whatever? I read an article yesterday stating that Brodie Croyle probably would not be drafted by the NFL thanks to his coach Mike Shula. The same article thinks that the “sleaze-ball”(my word not the article writer's) Mike Price would have been a positive influence in young Brodie’s future! Gag me! I wonder if Brodie had been hurt in practice (it wasn’t a hit that got his ACL, just the fall) or perhaps roller blading or dancing if that would have been Mike Shula’s fault. Now, I understand that the Tide won the game 52-0 and it was well in hand at the beginning of the second half when Brodie was hurt, but come on people, football is a contact sport, people get hurt. Would it have some how been alright if he had been hurt against Arkansas? I believe in unity, I believe in supporting each other even when we don’t agree with their decisions. I believe we should act like a “team”.

Or do I? Just last night I was questioning a sister’s decision when it came to dealing with her abusive spouse. I stated what “I would do if I were her” and how she should be handling her life. Perhaps before I get on others for being Monday morning quarterbacks, I should examine myself!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?