Thursday, September 02, 2004

My Buddy

I have a wonderful friend who is in the hospital. He has been my adopted grandpa at church. He had been very very sick, but you would never know it by talking to him. He is a wonderful example of joy in adversity. As a matter of fact his general good attitude masked from his family just how sick he was. He was delighted for me to come and see him in the hospital, but truly it made MY day. I pray that as I continue to grow older with aches, with pains, with true sickness, I can do it with the grace of this wonderful man.

If you have a moment today say a prayer for Elbert England. God already knows who he is.

Comments:
Yes, I will say a prayer for your adopted grandpa, Elbert England. I, too, have such a person in my life, whom I treasure and pray that I can meet the trials of life in as gracious a manner.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?