Saturday, September 04, 2004

Storms and such

As I look out my window this morning there is a light rain falling. The lake is serenely calm. The cranes are flying low over the water; so low in fact I don't know how their wing tips miss the water. You don't see that alot on Saturday morning. The boats and PWC's ususally keep all the cranes in the safety of the sloughs. The weather I assume will dampen this "last weekend of summer" and we will have the lake to ourselves (o.k. we will always share it with the bass fishermen).

I come back in the house to watch the Weather Channel and the strong contrast of what is going on in Florida. I think how lucky the people of Florida are that Frances has weakened. But is it luck? I know that this storm is still very strong and very dangerous but it has weakened considerably. How many people have you heard pray or have ask you to pray for the people of Florida? Is it not amazing what the joint prayers of God's saints can accomplish? Why do we sometimes doubt the power of God in our lives or the fact that He does answer our prayers? We have alot more praying to do for our brothers and sisters in Florida, let us not neglect so great an opportunity.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?