Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Things I learned from Blogging

Sometimes I think this blog habit may not be good for me. I can’t wait to get on and see what everyone is up to. If your like me lack of comments doesn’t mean you don’t read and enjoy what people have to say, sometimes all you can say is “amen” and that is really not necessary. I guess I could be doing or reading worse things.

I was thinking about this in context of what I have learned from various blogs. One of the things I have found most useful is from Judy Thomas’ post on Examen. Now each night after I write my prayer in my prayer journal, I reflect on the day and write down the thing that has made me the happiest and the thing that has made me saddest during the day. I don’t light the candle, but I am sure that would be a neat thing to do.

I have learned some not so meaningful things to; Terri tried Brandon’s Orange-Pinapple home made ice cream and brought it to my house on the 4th of July. I had no ideal you could do so much with guacamole (Mike Cope’s blog). I have taken spiritual gift test (SG), passed along jokes (Joe Quile) and just basically enjoyed sharing whatever you have to share. My ideals have been challenged, my horizons broadened and most of the time my day has been made by something you have written. So, maybe it is good for me. What about you? Have you learned anything useful or otherwise?

Comments:
Most certainly! Blogging has been a great motivator for me and my spiritual life. Great all around, except for when I let my wondering eyes wonder for too long and ignore other things like house work and school work, but really the dust will just come back in a couple of days anyway...
 
If you can't something nice just blog on!

It sounds trite but I have re-connected with old friends and made new ones. Blogging streches my mind and helps me get my thoughts out. I have been moved to tears a time or two by Mike Cope and Matt Eliiott. Brandon and Mae have knocked me out of my chair with laughter. Susan and I stay connected better. Clarissa reminds me of me. You and TL are also so encouraging. Q, though I haven't hear much from her lately, amazes me with her wisdom. Mrs Judy always challenges me.

I love this blog, all these blogs and blogging in general...

BUT My husband brought me a new cartoon for the Frig the other day. The caption reads "A clean house is a sign of a broken computer!" OOPPS! Happy Blogging!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?