Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Too Much to Do?

Do I do too much? Do I try and do too much and don’t do anything well? These are the questions that plague me today. Yesterday I went to the dentist to have a crown put back on that had come off. Well, the good news was I got to save the $600 and reuse this crown, the bad news was the tooth underneath had abscessed and needed a root canal. That really wasn’t all that bad other than wasting two hours in a dentist chair that I couldn’t afford, but hey I am caught up on my reruns of the Adams Family. (I even saw the episode of how Gomez met Morticia, who says the morning was a waste!) At any rate have you ever noticed that you don’t feel bad until someone tells you that you have an infection or are running a temperature? By the time I got back to the office I felt awful, just that nagging no-good feeling you have from a low-grade fever.

So, what was on my list to do….. I was supposed to practice tennis at 4:30, it was too wet, (yeah). I had a closing at 4:00 so I couldn’t go home early. I finally did get home around 5:30 and tried to get ready for today, here is my supposed itinerary.

5:30 Work out at the gym
6:30 Go to the office and get ready
7:00 Get two loans ready to close today
8:00 Meet the ladies to go to Gardendale and play tennis (not just singles that I signed up for but now they need me to play doubles)
12:00 Hopefully head back to Cullman and get ready for work, etc.
2:15 Give blood at blood drive (do they take it when you are on antibiotics??)
4:00 Two loan closings
7:00 Teach Ladies Bible class.
8:00 Finally head home and get ready for another day tomorrow.

I am very fortunate to be a healthy, active lady in my forties. I am not plagued with sickness or injury. Does that mean I have to push the envelope with my activities? No I know I do not, and most days are not quite this stressful, but I enjoy being busy, I enjoy having things to do that are fun and things to do that are meaningful. Anyway, as I write this I am hoping tennis is rained out today. Maybe I can schedule myself a little more free time in the future. Sorry I shared this all with you because I am sure you are wondering “what is the point”. I just want to remember to not book my days so full in the future, and I know if I share this on my blog, I will remember. So thanks for bearing with me and I will let you know how the day turns out.

Comments:
I empathize with your "over-scheduled" feeling....wow, you really do pack a lot into your days!! I applaud your scheduled time to give blood - however, they might really have an issue with your antibiotics and the fact that you had serious dental work done yesterday. I can't remember all the rules, but I seem to remember a 3-day wait of some kind related to anything dental other than a cleaning. (I am a blood donation nut -- but I don't remember all the rules!! ;-)
 
You are right Jenni, I have to wait 24 hours after the last dose of antibiotic. But I did try and I will give after the time is up. Oh and I did play tennis and only got the shakes real bad one time. I won at singles but lost at doubles.. oh well, it was alot of fun though.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?