Thursday, October 21, 2004

Bearing Burdens

There are thing I CAN’T do, like I talked about yesterday and other things that I am just not QUALIFIED to do. This morning a friend of mine was waiting on me when I got to the office. He wanted advice on his mortgage, but the reasons were very disturbing. He was asking me the best way to handle a situation. I had to put on my professional hat and give him the best financial advice that I could offer. I told him how I would handle the situation in his shoes and my opinion on his options. On the personal level I just tried to listen and offer compassion without being judgmental. At one point I did get a little emotional and he told me I was supposed to be professional. The funny thing is the thing that made me emotional was worrying about him ruining his credit and credit worthiness (irony here??) At any rate when he left I still felt the burden of his pain. I worried that maybe I had said something I should not have but then I realized I just have to trust God that my real love and concern for him and his family was expressed. God has blessed me with some abilities and a level of common sense that I can share with others. Maybe I am not qualified to give marital advice but as a child of God I am qualified to show His love to others by helping to bear their burdens. Please God, let me that kind of friend. Help my friend and his family through this difficult time and give me the wisdom and the willingness to do what I can to make this situation more bearable

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?