Wednesday, October 20, 2004

I can't do everything..

You know one of the best things about being married is having someone who can do the things that you just can’t do. Today when I got home from playing tennis my dogs came up to greet me as usual. I noticed that Hooch was rubbing his right eye with his paw but didn’t think too much about it. When I started to leave I gave them their dog biscuits like I always do and Hooch was still rubbing his eye. I looked closer and he had a cockle burr stuck in hair above and below his eye and it was totally obscuring his eyesight. I ran in and got the scissors and proceeded to cut the hair, but I still couldn’t see his eye. Well I panicked thinking maybe the cockle burr had put out his eye (don’t read this Greg Miles, but I had a Pekingese that this happened to. The bug eyes on those dogs are very sensitive) I came into the office and called my husband and ask him to please check out the dog when he got home. He just called me and told me he got multiple burrs out of his fur and that he was fine. The eye was a little irritated but was O.K. I told him I was going to dig further but I just couldn’t do it. He told me I would not have been able to get it out. You know, there are just some things I don’t mind being told that I CAN’T do. Mind you, there are not a lot of them, but I was very grateful not to have to take care of this emergency. David, Hooch and I both thank you!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?