Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Mountain High, Valley Low

Last week I was feeling a little down after the Zoe weekend. A friend of mine was talking to me Wednesday morning about some problems in her life. She presented me with the question, “Is God testing me? Am I being punished for something I have done, or is this just Satan trying to get to me?” She proceeded to tell me that she felt like she was running round and round this “mountain” of trouble she is having, but never getting anywhere. Basically she was having trouble rising from the valley and I was having trouble descending from the summit.

That very day not 10 minutes after our conversation I was reading my e-mailed devotionals and got one that was talking about the fact that God did not make us for the summit. He made us for the valleys. He allows the mountain top experiences, not where we can stay up there with the presence of angels, but where we will have the strength to take His glory back to the valleys with us. Hmmmm, just what she needed to hear, AND just what I needed to hear. God does speak to us, especially when we are looking to Him for an answer.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?