Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Night Moves

I woke last night to the sound of thunder
How far off I sat and wondered
Started humming a song from 1962
Ain't it funny how the night moves
When you just don't seem to have as much to lose
Strange how the night moves
With autumn closing

I may be a little strange but I love storms. I especially love waking up to rain when I can curl up and go back to sleep. I did wake up to the sound of thunder this morning, (seemed like night..it was still dark). I started singing this song which reminds me of my late teenage years. I know the a lot of the song is about promiscuity, but the lyrics that said
We were just young and restless and bored
Living by the sword
kind of summed up the way most teenagers feel. Those were great years, but I don’t want to go back thank you very much.

It is a little easier to work when it’s raining outside too, no feelings that you could be doing something outside. So hope you have a wonderful rainy Tuesday, if indeed it is raining where you are. If not, just enjoy this day that the Lord has made.

Comments:
In Waco Texas today it is 93 degrees, sunny, and hot! I envy those who get to experience a true Fall!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?