Friday, October 29, 2004

Special Effects

Did you see the moon last night? It was so beautiful. It was still out this morning brightening the sky, after I had finished working out. I thought to myself, “I want to capture this moment”. Did I mention I have a new camera? (must torture the grandchild). I grabbed my camera before going into the office and was going to take a picture through the limbs of the tree, but alas, my camera is so smart it knew there was not enough light and the flash kept coming on. The picture was still good but it was not the effect that I wanted. This camera comes with an inch thick instruction book that tells me how to switch the camera to manual where I can override the flash, but in the dark of the morning I couldn’t read the book, and if I had taken time to find it, daylight would have broken. Well like I said I have a good picture, but not what I wanted.

I couldn’t help but think of our other “Instruction Book”. We know how to aim and shoot we have the basics down, but when we are going for a certain effect (letting others see Christ living in us, maybe leading them to Him) we need to know a few more details. It is one thing to be right and do right but another thing entirely to reflect the majesty of our Lord and Savior.

Lord help me to drink in your words, help me practice them where when I have a special situation arise I can let your word guide me to have the effect that I want to have. Please let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me.


Comments:
You are right Khris, the eclipse was great too. My dogs especially liked it cause everytime I walked out on the deck to see it I would bring them a treat where they wouldn't jump on me.... I envy your worship experience during the eclipse. I was home from an emotionally draining ladies class..another blog, another time..
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?