Friday, October 15, 2004

Weekend!!

Ahhhh! It’s Friday again. I have been unusually tired this week. Maybe the cold weather is hard on these bones that just seem to keep getting older. I really had a good week. Monday night seven of us celebrated the birthday of our dear friend, Kay. We sat in the restaurant for 3 hours talking and laughing and even crying together. It is so good to share with our friends and especially when these friends are part of our church family as well.

Wednesday I was privileged to take the morning off to play tennis again. It was a little cold and a little wet when we got started, but hey tennis vs. work, I’ll pick tennis every time. That afternoon I was preparing to teach my class for Wednesday night and I as I was praying to God for guidance I told Him, I wasn’t sure why we needed this class time, we all mostly work (or play) hard and are so tired on Wednesday night. I guess you could say I was whining to God. Well as our class time ended the ladies just stayed seated and continued to share. We sat at around our table for another fifteen minutes and just talked and shared, not trivialities of life, although we did do some of that, but also deep things that matter to us and were concerning us. I guess God showed me! We do need this time together. If we are truly being different in this world we live in we need a time to come together with others and share and encourage one another.

So all in all it has been a good week; but I am grateful that it is Friday.

Happy weekend to all!!

Comments:
Donna,

I know how you feel about Bible class, and I have found myself whining the same thing, Just like you, though it seems that God always shows me why our Wednesday nights are so important. God is good! And Satan uses every thought he can throw in our minds to prove to us otherwise, including give us a bad feeling about our times together! Great thoughts!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?