Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Just Seven Numbers

If you are going to make calls after 10:00 p.m. MAKE SURE you have the right number! I think sometimes I have not grown out of that teenage girl stuff, at least in my sleep. When the phone rings I find myself out of bed with the phone in my hand before I am aware that it is ringing. Last night it was 11:00 p.m. I have the gift of instant sleep on most nights, so having been in bed since about 10:15 I was in DEEP SLEEP. I awake to hear myself say “hello”, “hey, what are ya doin’”. At which point I lost my manners and all of my phone etiquette “Who is this?” I demanded. “It’s Brandi”, “Well Brandi, YOU have the WRONG number”.

I lay back down but my heart is pounding so hard in my chest I can’t calm it. I get mad. 95% of the time calls at this time of the night are the wrong number. Guess what? When I get mad I can’t go back to sleep. Well it took me at least 10 minutes, which is an eternity when you are counting the hours until 4:45. So today if I am grumpy and tired we can all just blame Brandi!

I know you want to tell me to get over it already it was just a mistake and on a conscience level I know that you are right. On my petty selfish side I want her to suffer for waking me up! Today I will work on that petty selfish side, as soon as I get over being ticked!!

Comments:
Turn off the ringer, girl!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?