Friday, November 12, 2004

Red, Red, Whine

Well it was time to give blood again yesterday. No excuses this time, except that I almost forgot. I know I have put this off in my life so long out of fear. Not really the fear of the needle, but fear of being embarrassed by a weakness I have. You see the part of my brain that keeps me conscious likes to check out when it sees needles and blood stuff. There is nothing the rest of my brain can do to convince this little wimpy part to stay focused and “keep alive”. I hate that, but why I hate it is because it shows weakness. Ah, somehow it all comes back to pride don’t it?

I think the fact that it actually HURT helped me. I can focus on pain and discomfort and not think about the bag of blood hanging off my arm and I am fine. Anyway I am glad I did it and will do regularly now. Not even a hint of green in my complexion. Maybe I have shut down that whiner after all.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?