Monday, November 15, 2004

Wake up call

Three people! None of them old enough, dead, unexpectedly. I didn’t know any of them personally but they were friends and relatives of people I love. One was in a car crash, one failed to recover from a lingering illness, one had an aneurism. I forget sometimes that it is not about this world. We are all gearing up to go on the same trip as these three. Sometimes it’s hard to look past the here and now. My heart hurts for those who grieve. My soul prays that all of these were children of God and my brothers and sisters. My commitment to God and His promise to me deepens.

Dear Lord, help me to be ready! Help me to share You with those who are not ready. Give me courage, give me wisdom. Forgive my selfishness.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?