Monday, November 08, 2004

Winning Weekend

What an absolutely wonderful weekend! I left work Friday afternoon to go and play tennis. While singles is always physically harder, it was a lot of fun. And I was playing with someone I have just met recently, so I got to know her better. Saturday morning I was awakened by beautiful sunshine streaming into my bedroom. I got up and cleaned house a little and then headed back to the tennis courts. We were having a “fun day” where everyone who showed up would play. Well we only had four show up, but that was O.K. I played a couple of hours of mixed doubles and had a wonderful time.

Now off to the grocery store. My son and his family were coming over to watch the game. David and I were making spaghetti and vegetable soup (he thinks his spaghetti is better than mine, I never argue with someone who wants to cook for me!). I got home and started my part of the meal and then retired to the deck where I sat in the sunshine and read for about an hour and a half. Yes, I needed to be cleaning and stuff, but that stuff will be there when the weather is not so absolutely beautiful.

I did have one profound thought while sitting on the deck. The weather was perfect. The sky was clear and a breeze was blowing off the water. The autumn colors were everywhere and my willow tree still had leaves enough to sway in the wind. I thought how can heaven be much better than this? Then I looked down. The rain storms of the previous week had washed a lot of trash up in the water. The area around our boat dock was a mess. It struck me that this world will always be filled with the ugly because Satan is its ruler. God’s glory will always shine through, but we have to continue to look “up” for the real blessings.

Anyway the kids came, we ate, we settled in to watch the ballgame. I missed some of the first quarter because I was playing with Matthew. But I got him to go to sleep in his swing in front of the TV. (we are brainwashing him early to be a Bama fan.) Well, all was well until Miss State fumbled on about the 15 yard line. I immediately jumped up and yelled “BALL”. This woke up the baby and scared him to death. I just hope he isn’t scarred for life!! Well the good news is the Tide ROLLED!!! We needed that victory.

Sunday came and church was a blessing. Randy was on today even if he was talking about women, modesty and such, he is such a talented positive speaker. We are so blessed by his speaking gift each week. Matthew went to sleep in my arms during church. You forget how hard that is on your shoulder!! Then we all went to my mothers for her usual wonderful meal! It is so good to have all of my family together with my mom and dad. After taking Derek, Mary and Matthew home I went GUESS WHERE?? You got it, back to the tennis courts. We had planned a day of doubles and had a wonderful time especially because my team WON!!

Because of rain delays in Arizona I got home in time to see the end of the race. Dale Jr., won! Lots of winning this weekend! Maybe that is why I thought it was so good! I will admit it helps, but I just love spending time with my family, my church family and my new tennis family. This life is only full when it is filled with people!!!

Comments:
Yeah, he'd HAVE to be brainwashed to be a Bama fan ...
:-)
 
Ouch Clarissa, a little sarcasm huh? The only need to brainwash is because his mother is a mis-guided Auburn fan! But she doesn't even like football so it will be pretty easy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?