Sunday, November 28, 2004

Wonderful Wacky Weekend

This is my favorite weekend of the year. I am sorry to see it go. In addition to wonderful laid back times with my family, the strange and bazaar crept in.

Saturday morning I was awakened by someone outside my housing shouting "Jason, JASON". Well I was pretty convinced someone had lost their dog and my dogs probably had something to do with it although they were being uncharacteristically quiet. I woke David up and said "someone is out there". He jumps up puts on some clothes and goes out to see about it. Well it turns out this older lady had pulled in at the wrong house. She was down at our basement level shouting "do you want me to come up?" Our neighbor, you guessed it, Jason, was standing out on his porch yelling" you are at the wrong house". She could not figure it out, since Jason's house is mostly obscured by trees she could hear him but not see him. Finally between David and Jason they made her understand and she drove on to the house next door. Now I would like to add this to my phone etiquette list, if you must visit someone at the crack of dawn (8:00 a.m.) make sure you are at the right house.

Saturday was my daughters 21st birthday. It is hard to believe that she can be 21. Many times in her life she has felt that she took second to my attention to my son. Not true. I do remember being worried when I was pregnant with her that I could ever love anyone as much as I loved him, but the worry was wasted. She came into this world laughing. I can still make her laugh at the silliest things. She has always had a soft heart and a giving spirit. She has had a tough time in her life. She and my son were involved in a car wreck when she was 12. Her right hand was damaged. For the next several months she had to depend on me for most everything. She had 5 or 6 surgeries and months of therapy to regain use of the hand. I remember sitting in her hospital room wondering how I could just give her my hand. God wasn't able to give us that, but He did give us a closeness that I don't think we would have shared otherwise. She was almost 13 and I was almost "stupid". The animosity we had moved into prior to the wreck was eased by her dependence on me. I know she deserved a better mother than the one I sometimes was, but I know that she knows I love her. My life would be so incomplete without her. Happy birthday Diana.

Back to work tomorrow. Wish I could take the month off, but I am not counting on getting that wish granted.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?