Monday, December 06, 2004

All By Myself

Friday they had to take my mother in law to the hospital with chest pains. David called and told me there was no point in me coming up there, they will only let two people in the ER at a time and he and his brother were there. She was later admitted to a semi-private room, again no room, just one guest chair.

I hate to prosper from the suffering of others and forgive me in advance for my selfishness, but I had a great time. I went home fixed a fire lit some candles and parked in my reading chair with NO TV!!! I really relaxed. I concentrated on NOT multi-tasking. I didn’t fold the clothes I got out of the dryer, I didn’t hunt the Christmas decorations, I found ways to really relax. I had a good time of study and of prayer, but I also started reading a book just for fun. I called a friend and yakked on the phone for a while. I feel guilty doing that when David is home. I slumbered some in my chair but tried to stay up until he got home. At 10:30 I gave up and went to bed, but made myself get up when I heard him come in. So I wasn’t totally selfish, right?

While true joy is found with friends and loved ones, sometimes we need time to just be alone. I must say, it was good for me!

Comments:
Praying you MIL is doing alright! (and congratulations on the relaxing evening! Color me envious!)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?