Sunday, December 26, 2004

Back to the Real World

It has been a beautiful day in Alabama. The temperature got up to around 50 degrees and the sun just ended its majesty by slowing setting over the lake. The water was still and quiet and the now bare trees allowed for a wide panoramic of the beauty on display. Just yesterday I had commented on how ugly it could be outside this time of year. I love it when God shows me. His beauty is everywhere; sometimes you just have to look harder.

Christmas is over. It was good for our family this year. I enjoyed it as much as I have in a long time. Last year was a blur since my daughter was married on the 27th of December. It was hard not to have my brothers and their families at home. They were missed and my sarcasm seems to be bubbling over since I was not able to let it all out with my brothers. I will try and keep it in check.

I feel the time of year coming on that is a little dark and depressing. Football ends, baseball is not ready to start, it is too cold to get outside much but you are sick of being in the house. I am not ready just yet to make my resolutions for the year. It amazes me when I look back at this time last year and realize some of the things that were so important to me then are not even part of my life anymore. I praise God that my spirit has been fed this year and that I continue to grow. I long to grow more and know that if I seek God with all my heart I will find Him. That will be the biggest part of my resolve for the year, but hey it is only December 26th. I have DAYS to make this list.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?