Monday, December 20, 2004

Fifth, Sixth & Seventh Days of Christmas

FIVE GOLDEN RINGS
Six Geese a Laying
Seven Swans-a-swimming

Got a little behind on my 12 days of Christmas. I spent the fifth day with 5+ golden Hours of babysitting for my sweet Matthew. I bought myself a new photo printer for Christmas and I have been having a blast printing off all of these wonderful digital prints. Maybe for me it should be 5 Golden REAMS!!!

The sixth day was spent at a Christmas program at Seventh Street Baptist church. I really wanted to go to a Christmas program this year so when Derek & Mary asked me to go with them I couldn’t refuse. I like so many of you was raised in a church where Christmas was never equated with the birth of our Savior. Never made a lot of sense to me but there it is. My church still does not formally recognize and celebrate this as the purpose of the holiday, although we will sing the occasional Christmas song now and have the stage decorated with poinsettias. So, I knew I would have to go elsewhere to have a Christmas program. While I enjoyed a production that would rival a lot of small theatres in Alabama, I left there feeling a little let down. Yes I had “watched” a very good production (fake snow and everything), but I had not participated in worshipping. I went back to my church for traditional services last night. I am not a big advocate of Sunday night preaching, but I needed to feel the love and community of my own church. Maybe sometimes you have to get away from the comfortable to appreciate it.

Today is fitting to be Seven-Swans-a-swimming. I am the only loan officer at work. Three on vacation one out sick; so I am swimming hard to keep my head above water. Not only am I handling my loans, but those of the officers who are not here. I did go at lunch and buy Matthew a red wagon for Christmas. I think that completes my shopping. There are a couple of items I still have to pick up, but I am done. All is wrapped and under the tree, whew, that is a relief. My cards went out Thursday and I even bought some groceries last night, for the first time in a couple of months.

Hope you all are intending to enjoy this week! It is going to be great! Oh and I finished Revelations today! Two years in a row I have made it all the way through the Bible! I am behind on reading blogs so don’t be surprised if you have a late comment from me! I am thinking about you all though! Merry Swans a Swimming….

Comments:
I love the energy that you have. Think you could bottle some up and send it my way? Swim hard and when you get tired, just doggy paddle. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?