Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Giving till it hurts!

Last night was our Ladies Christmas party at church. Our gracious sister Carol opened her home to us for a wonderful meal and great fellowship. We revealed our secret sisters last night. I decided I am not going to participate next year; I already have too much guilt in my life. I got my super gift from my sweet Secret Sister who has been SO good to me all year and suddenly the gift I had bought for my SS seemed small and insignificant. Now I know that it is not suppose to be about the gift, but I immediately started making plans to improve my gift since my SS was not there.

This morning it dawned on me; I am a prideful giver! I want to be the biggest giver; surely nobody can out give me!! Just one more case of me doing the right things but not having the right heart. This realization really hurts, I have even been prideful in my thinking, “I may not have everything down pat, but I am a liberal giver”. Can you say “Pharisee!” It scares me that I have so much work to do, and see, there I go again, I NEED to STOP and let God work in me.

Please Lord, work in me. Help me to know that all that I am and all that I have is because of you. I can never give enough back for all that you have blessed me with. Help my heart to become softer. Help me to become gracious when receiving and humble when giving. Forgive me for allowing pride to enter into my life once again

Comments:
You have a good heart......if you didn't you wouldn't be able to see your struggles!

Your prayer was a prayer for all of us.

DU
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?