Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Happy Pearl Harbor Day

Happy Pear Harbor Day! I know many of you don’t recognize or celebrate this day, I mean it was a dark day in our nation’s history. But 29 years ago on this day my husband asked me to marry him. I guess you could say "He dropped a Bomb on Me" (ha!), so we celebrate Pearl Harbor Day. Celebrating beginnings can be a good time of reflection. I think you have to be able to look back to keep a relationship strong. Where have we come from, what have we survived, what have we done right, where did we drop the ball; great communication questions that spur you into the deeper things that relationships should be built on.

Last night I had a wonderful outing with a few good friends. We had a marvelous time, talking, laughing and of course eating. But it struck me during the evening that I sometimes keep my life like an episode of “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”. I have certain doors that I keep locked off. You have to know the key to get me to open up. I am not sure why I am this way. Maybe I am just afraid of letting people get to know me too well. This wouldn’t be such a big deal, but sometimes I long for the release of just being real with my friends. I DO tell God everything, but sometimes I need the immediate response that I can see. My life has been blessed with a few special “best” friends. They have all been a true gift from God. I wonder though that when these relationships are lost for whatever reason if it scars our hearts and makes us unable to trust the next person that comes into our life. What do you think? Is your life an open book, or are you like me and keep your own “Chamber of Secrets”?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?