Friday, December 10, 2004

I've Seen Rain

I fear sometimes if I had been an apostle I would have been Thomas. My brain is programmed to question, to investigate, to try and figure stuff out. So I must confess there have been times when I had trouble fathoming the whole flood thing. Not that I have doubts of the power of God, but the whole earth under water? I just questioned.

Well, the last couple of days we have been experiencing massive amount of that rain I enjoy so much. I think I have told you I live on a lake. Prior to the rain the water was down to winter levels, somewhere way under the 510 ft full pool mark. As of yesterday the lake stood at 514 ft. Now that’s a lot of water in a short time. Walkways to boat docks are under water, creeks are full and overflowing trees are barely peeking out of the water. So Donna the doubting Thomas, 40 days of rain would definitely put the land of Cullman under water so probably the whole earth isn’t such a stretch.
I love it when God teaches me and I actually listen. I still am going to enjoy the rain because God promised He wouldn’t destroy us with it again….Now fire, I don’t really like fire so much

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?