Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The Second Day of Christmas

Today we get Two Turtle Doves.... How about a chicken biscuit from Chik Fil A?

I am taking the day off to hopefully finish my shopping. I must go to the dreaded MALL. I have been elected to get the gift for the boss and that is the only place they have it.

I guess the effort to truly try and enjoy Christmas is making me very aware of those who are struggling to find any joy in the season this year. I want to say "perk up it's Christmas", but I have been there so many times I understand all too well. I do think though that it strengthens my resolve not only to enjoy this year, but to try and always be joyful. People are just waiting to be pulled down, they will gladly jump into the pit with you; but they don't expect joy, it catches them unaware. Who knows it might just rub off.

Celebrating the gift of our Saviour should bring us complete joy!

Father, forgive us when we forget how precious that gift is! Help our joy to be complete in You!

Comments:
My mom and a good friend are doing the 12 days of Christmas for a lady who just had surgery and is home recouperating. They have had a lot of fun just buying the gifts and now are delivering them anonymously to her doorstep in the wee hours of the morning.

God bless!
 
Feeling very guilty now for my post today! I guess this year I am a bit of a pit dweller! No more! I will be joyful...
 
Yummmmm.....Chick-fil-A chicken biscuit.....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?