Thursday, December 16, 2004

Third Day of Christmas

Today is Three French Hens….. I am not real sure in the difference between a French Hen and any other hen, perhaps they are just a little more rude and selfish. Anyway I think I will just have some French Fries!!

Yesterday was a wonderful day of shopping. The mall was not crowded so I had a great time! I purchased a lot of things but still have a few to go. When I start getting them wrapped and under the tree I should really feel festive!

Last night we talked about joy and the discipline of celebrating. We had a lively discussion and even sang “I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner” as an example of how celebrating even small things can make you feel wonderful! I gave credit to Matt Elliott for the article I quoted on the difference between happiness and fun and found out that our minister’s wife Celia Owens knows him. Small world Matt! She said she was in school with you! You know how special she is.
Thanks to all for your input and suggestions. I didn’t feel like I got across the importance of Joy so I am going to do a mini lesson on celebrating next week and follow up by reading “The Christmas Pageant” from Val’s family blog. You my blog family have been a great resource as well as great inspiration this season. Thanks!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?