Tuesday, December 28, 2004

What is the MOST important.

Jonathan is recovering nicely. He will be in the hospital for about a week. The family has decided not to press charges.(this has changed, charges have been pressed and the cousin is on the run) I know that my life has been sheltered and I am grateful for that. I don’t understand how this is considered normal behavior. Thanks for your kind words and encouragement.

Last night I was reading one of the four books I am currently in. This one spoke of simplifying by cutting out things that aren’t bad in our lives but just are not the best things. I am wrestling with that this morning. I know that there is way too much “stuff” in my life and I desperately need to simplify. I am just not sure where to cut. I have made an effort to cut back on the ministries in which I am involved in order to concentrate my time on just a couple. This book spoke of 80% of the things which take our time and attention are not important or vital and we should rid ourselves of these things and just concentrate on the 20% which is profitable whether in business or in our personal/spiritual lives. This is a toughie for me. I guess I will have to get out the T-Charts and figure out what needs to go. I realize that this is a concept my life can benefit from I am just not sure how to implement it.
Got any ideas?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?