Friday, January 28, 2005

Another One Bites the Dust (or collects the dust)

I finished another book! John Eldridge’s Waking the Dead. I started this book back in the fall and wondered why it was taking me so long to finish. I finally figured it out. I liked the book and the points he made really spoke to me, but he quotes from The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, the movie The Matrix and other works all through the book. Let me re-phrase, its not that he quotes them be puts long excerpts in this book. I have not read the Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit, but even if I had I don’t think I would enjoy reading long excerpts in the middle of a book that is talking about having my heart alive to Jesus. Having said that; once I started skipping these parts I truly enjoyed the book. I am motivated today to make sure that I am guarding and protecting my heart.

How about you? Read anything good lately?

Comments:
Just finished a slew of good books:

JESUS ASKED by Conrad Gempf
JACOB & THE PRODIGAL by Kenneth Bailey
THE LOST MESSAGE OF JESUS by Steve Chalke
MEDITATIONS ON THE HEART OF GOD by Francois Fenelon
 
Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free--by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

And if you get a craving for Christian fiction, try one of the Sisterchicks books by Robin Jones Gunn! : )
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?