Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Arrows of hate?

Have you ever been all geared up to face work and deal with all the problems…opportunities, only to have a new arrow tossed at you? Yesterday I was refreshed and raring to go. I spent my first few minutes at work organizing as I had planned. I had got up early and worked out at home. I got to work early. I was making progress and I had things under control! (boy, I just said “I” a lot!). One of my customers called around 10:00 we were trying to get her closing scheduled for tomorrow. Well, when I left last week I did not know the lender I was using on her loan was closed yesterday. I was still going to do everything I could to get it closed I assured her. Well, there are volumes to this customer that I want go into, but I have jumped through hoops for her from the moment she walked into my office. I have listened to her rant about how we were not interested in her and getting her loan closed as well as other cutting remarks about her perceived lack of attention she was receiving from me. (hello! I work on commission; if loans don’t close I don’t make money!). Long story short, she called my boss to complain about me. She said I was incompetent and trying to keep her from getting her loan. My first emotion was hurt, not anger. I know you can’t please all the people, but really lady, what more can I do for you? I was very gratified that my boss stood up for me. He told her I knew more about her particular type of loan than anyone in town, and that he would have turned her loan down a long time ago. I will admit I stewed about this a lot longer than I should have, but one of the books I am reading talks about “pulling the tooth”, meaning to get rid of the negative in your life. I concentrated hard on that yesterday. (funny, the chapter I read last night was on "Hating Well", save that for another time). I will do my job and I will get her loan closed, I will not look back and let this woman torment me, but I will learn a lesson from this. There are some people you know you shouldn’t get involved with from the first time you meet them. I like to pride myself in getting most everyone a loan for a home, but I knew from the minute I met her she could not be made happy. I should have let that business go. There is no amount of money that is going to be worth what she has put me through.

So while my first day back at work was met with a challenge, I think I met it fairly well. While I can’t rid myself of this pain immediately, I will handle it quickly and efficiently (as I have been doing the whole time) and get her out of my life. I was even able to pray for her last night. I know that someone who is that miserable in life needs God.

Let’s see what challenges today brings! With God’s help I am sure I can face them.

Comments:
That's a great testimony, Donna. Following the Christ is a demanding journey. It is when we run into such difficulty that the mettle of our faith is tested. Praying for enemies ranks up in the top ten evidences of true faith! Even though it is hard, keep your light shining brightly!
 
Did you ever wonder if the thorn in Paul's flesh was a person? This lady called me back and got real ugly with me. I was polite but not very nice. I don't think I did so well in that round. I sure would like to pray for her to be removed from being the pain in my rear..... But I know I need patience and humility instead.
 
It sounds like you and I had similar experiences today. Cool thing about those daily mercies, though. My sister once wrote a Psalm that included this line:

"I will say goodby to the sadness and failures of yesterday and fill my morning cup with the joy of the wisdom you've taught me, and be strengthened for the new day."

Hope tomorrow goes better...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?