Friday, January 07, 2005

Books of 2004

I went home last night to inventory the books I had read in 2004 thinking I would post the list today; (inspired by fellow bloggers, Joe Cook and John Dobbs) but when my list got to over 40, I knew that I would be bored posting it and you would be bored reading it. So I decided to go with the highlights:

Best New Fiction Author (for me)
.....Brian Haig- I read all four of his books this year.
Best Beach Reads
.....Janet Evanovich- I read all 10 of the Stephanie Plum books this year.
Best Non-Fiction/Non-Spiritual
.....Joe Gibbs- Racing to Win (Terri I will get it back to you
Most Unusual Fiction
.....Jeff Berryman- Leaving Ruin
Best New Spiritual Author (again for me)
.....John Ortberg
Best Spiritual Books (sorry couldn’t pick just one)
.....John Ortberg- The Life You Have Always Wanted
.....Max Lucado- It’s Not About Me
.....Rubel Shelly & John York- The Jesus Proposal
.....Bob Russell- When God Answers Prayers
Most Thought Provoking Book (troubling might be a better word)
.....Joe Beam- Seeing the Unseen
Best re-read
.....Joe Beam- Forgiven Forever
So Glad the Series Has ended!
.....Tim Lahaye- The Glorious Appearing

I have many books still unread in my library, but I plan to be working on that. I am grateful that God blessed me with the ability and the love of reading. I think it is such a part of who I am that I would be incomplete without it. I adore my family and love spending time with friends and would never compromise that time with reading, but if I must choose between reading and cleaning or reading and shopping, reading will always be my first choice.


Have a great weekend all!



Comments:
Donna, I am an AVID reader! I have to have a book at all times! So, I am glad we have that in common, along with our allegiance to Crimson Tide football! :) Right now I am reading "Renovation of the Heart" by Dallas Willard. I am just into it, but he is D-E-E-P! I have to read almost every paragraph twice. But, I loved "The Divine Conspiracy", so I thought I would love this one too. We'll see!

Have a good weekend!
DU
 
Good List! I have a few Ortberg titles, but have yet to read them.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?