Thursday, January 06, 2005

Cutting the Cord

Last night we went around the room at the end of class and listed our primary New Years resolution that did not involve losing weight or getting in shape. I was impressed with the positive nature of the things listed and that some of the things had a direct bearing on our class. One lady in particular has stuck with me though. She said that she was going to quit letting one of her friends bother her by putting her down all of the time. She stated that it might even mean terminating the relationship. I realize that I have had a couple of those relationships in the last several years. Mine were not so much harmful because of put-downs or negative talk, but the relationship was just not helping me to be a better Christian. Sometimes many years and many tears are invested in these relationships. Many times the emptiness you feel afterward propels you back toward that person and you repeat the same cycle. Realizing that some people are just not meant to be a part of your life is sometimes the most difficult part of growth. I hope that we give a structure to support people when they have to make these difficult decisions. I know that even though I never discussed this issue with some of my closest friends, without them I would not have gotten through it.

In good news for the day, my difficult customer closed today. Maybe my life will be less filled with anxiety. In better news I went to a department store at lunch and picked up a couple of things that were 50% off. When I went to pay I found an old gift card in my wallet from this store and ask the sales clerk to see how much was on it, it had $50.38!! Money found!
Happy Thursday everyone.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?