Monday, January 31, 2005

Fun and Blame?

So the babysitting went well. We had a great time. He is so much fun now that he can sit up and laugh. David and I took him out to eat with us. He had a really good time beating the spoon against the table. He likes for me to give him cold tea or water from the spoon. If you get a glass too close to him he grabs it and tries to drink. I know boring grandmother stuff, but check him out here, we are properly indoctrinating him.

I think my tax refund is going to be enough to pay for the cruise I have booked for our anniversary. I really can’t ask for much more than that. Two years ago I had to pay in enough for two or three NICE vacations!! That is no fun. God continues to bless me in ways I don’t deserve and can’t explain.

You know, I miss so much the playful banter that goes on between siblings since my brothers both live away. Last night I sat down after church with two of my cousins and we discussed our parents and laughed and understood where we all came from. I am so glad that they go to church with me now.

I was reading over at JD’s blog about division and the residue left behind. That troubles me. I left my mother’s church almost 20 years ago. I lived equally close to it and the church I now attend at the time. However, at the time my children were 2 & 4 and half the time I was their teacher on Sunday morning and Wednesday night. I realized I needed to change for them and for me. I hope that I handled it properly. When I decided to make the change I went before my parent’s church and told them that I was going to place membership at the other church. I told them I was not mad or hurt at anyone, I just felt like it was the right move for me and my family. Of course sometimes, that is not the case. Sometimes there are hurt feelings and disappointments. All of my life my extended family has been so divided (yet all C of C) that they would hardly call on one another to pray. Church was never mentioned when this “other side” was present. I know that God is not pleased when His children fight over Him. I know that disagreements and disappointments are going to occur. We are after all human, but if we truly seek God first, perhaps these other things can be set aside. I taught a class last week on peace. Until we find that peace within, we will scarcely be able to find it without. I pray that my life will be one filled with peace and with tolerance for those who are seeking to serve my Lord and Savior.

Comments:
This is a really cute kid! Something about Alabama going on here?
Betty
 
Donna, most people do not have the consideration you did...at least everyone knew that this was not an act of anger. I applaud you for your approach.
 
What a great site
» » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?